0 of 12 questions completed
Early diagnosis, medical treatment can cure most cancer patients. However prevention of cancer is a much better strategy. One needs to understand what environmental issues cause cancer.
- Tobacco and alcohol are two already known factors that cause cancer.
- Oral cancer is the most common cancer in India due to chewing of tobacco/gutkha.
- Apart from oral cancer due to tobacco, cervical cancer and breast cancer are two other common cancer that affect only women. Cervical* cancer is especially more common in developing ie poor countries like India and others in Asia, Africa. *Cervix is called to the portion at the mouth of uterus.
- Most of the cancers in men are due to well known issues like tobacco and alcohol while cancers for women , namely cervical and breast cancer are due to “not so well known” issues
Hence the following quiz is intended particularly to make women aware of causes of cervical and breast cancer.
Just as you can avoid oral cancer, lung cancer simply by avoiding tobacco, women can take steps to prevent cervical and breast cancer through awareness about its causes.
You must specify a text.
You must specify an email address.
You must specify a contact number. Contact number must have alteast 10 digits.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Early detection and medical treatment can save most cancer patients.
1. It is now common knowledge that cancer is caused by the two most notorious culprits; Tobacco, and Alcohol. In India high incidence of oral cancer among men/women is solely due to chewing of tobacco/gutka addition.
3. Apart from Tobacco/alcohol, awareness needs to raised on causes of cervical cancer, that happens by sexual transmission from men.
4. Cervical cancer is more common in developing countries due to poor genital hygiene among men.
5. Early detection of cervical cancer can be done by regular testing (PAP smear test).
6. A vaccine is now available for most common cervical cancers. It is recommended that women in high risk group, those having multiple sex partners, are vaccinated for cervical cancer
7. Tobacco, Alcohol, Obesity caused due to lack of exercises and sedentary life style , poor nutrition that causes general metabolic disorder, hormonal imbalances, and genetic factors are few of risk factors for most cancers particularly breast cancer.
8. In addition, a mental habit to suppress expression of negative emotions like anger, submissive nature may also to be likely psychological cause for cancer.
Avoiding tobacco, alcohol, developing positive mental attitude, awareness about nutrition and daily routine of exercises, and keeping weight less than BMI 22, can prevent and conquer cancer !
- Answered Questions
Is Cervical* cancer the cancer causing maximum annual deaths among women in India?
Does Cervical Cancer affect only the” sexually active women” ?
Cervical cancer in women is caused by a virus(HPV-Human Papilloma Virus) transmitted by men through contact during sexual intercourse . Is this true or false?
Cervical cancer and Liver cancer are among the few cancers that are caused by virus.Is this true or false ?
Better genital hygiene , particularly by men, can prevent cervical cancer among women . Is this true or false?
BMI(Body Mass Index)* higher than 23, is one of the risk factors for breast cancer Is this true or false?
BMI is calculated by “Weight Kg divided by square of your height in Meters” .
For example, if your weight is 50 Kgs and height is 1.50 Metres, then BMI is equal to 50/(1.5X1.5) =22.2 Obesity, as measured by BMI, is categorized after BMI exceeds 23
Breast feeding after pregnancy, can save both the girl child as well as mother from breast cancer in future life. Is this true or false?
Obesity (in addition to Tobacco, Consumption of alcohol) is one of high risk factors for causing breast cancer. Is this true or false?
Regular exercise, more than 2.5 hours per week, does prevent breast cancer. Is this true or false?
Adding weight, more than 15 Kg after puberty , is a high risk factor for breast cancer Is this true or false?
Having multiple sex partners does increase risk for cervical cancer However multiple sex partners alone does not cause cervical cancer among sexually active women
Vaccine for Cervical cancer is now available. This vaccine can prevent cervical cancer particularly for the women in high risk group .